What is Underwriting?
As a WLRH program underwriter, you will help cover the cost of providing quality public radio programming to the greater Tennessee Valley and will be entitled to receive on-air credits in the form of a 20 second Underwriting Credit Announcement.
These messages are read during each sponsored program segment, informing listeners of your financial support. All underwriting announcements for public radio stations around the country must abide by regulations set forth by the Federal Communications Commission.
Current standards allow stations such as WLRH to carry enhanced underwriting announcements. This gives underwriters the opportunity to provide listeners with information about their business or organizations and its products and services.
Underwriting announcements might include some of the following:
- The underwriter’s name, subsidiary, operation division, or parent company
- The physical address, general location, phone number and/or web address of the business
- Value-neutral descriptions of a product line or service
- Trade names or service listings that identify the underwriter
Seven Reasons to Sponsor WLRH
1. Reach an educated, influential, culturally-engaged audience
2. Enhance your corporate image and bottom line
3. Effectively cover north alabama with your message
4. Increase your visibility before a large and loyal audience
5. Associate your brand with america’s most trusted institutions
6. Break through media clutter
7. Have your message read by highly respected WLRH hosts
For more information on becoming a corporate underwriter Please contact us or call 1-800-239-9574.
CURRENT and RECENT UNDERWRITERS